On the 36th anniversary of Union Carbide’s Disaster at 3pm GMT on 2nd December, we will be hosting a live webinar, entitled ‘Bhopal’s Endless Disaster in the Time of Covid-19’, on the plight of Bhopal gas survivors today.
Join health workers operating on the front line in gas-affected neighbourhoods, as well as medical and technical experts, to learn about the 1984 Bhopal Gas Disaster’s unremitting impacts, why survivors are left gravely at-risk to the Covid-19 pandemic, and how their selfless efforts to protect each other by means of a demanding and dangerous ‘community shield’ program carries important lessons for every community.
We will be covering, in detail:
- The ongoing spread of toxic water contamination and roadmap to remediation
- The term health impact of toxic exposure in 1984
- The high vulnerability of survivors to Covid-19
- The creation of a community shield by Chingari and Sambhavna clinics
- Q & A with speakers
Our speakers for the event include:
- Bridget Hanna – Medical Anthropologist, Independent Scholard (Harvard University)
- Joe Jackson – Managing Director, Keltbray Remediation
- Dr. Sanjay Shrivastava – Sambhavna Clinic, Bhopal
- Dr. (Prof) Arvind Kumar – Eminent Thoracic Surgeon, founder of the Lung Care Foundation & Robotic Surgery pioneer
- Sathyu Sarangi – Managing Trustee, Sambhavna Trust, Bhopal
You can register for the event on our Eventbrite page:
We hope you can join us!