On Friday the 30th November 2012 we held a concert to commemorate the 28th anniversary of the Bhopal gas disaster.
The concert, held at Brighton Unitarian Church was a great success, with all tickets sold out.
The entertainment was a mixture of classical and light music, and featured instrumental and choral pieces spanning the Medieval to the Baroque including compositions from Thomas Tallis, Georg Philipp Telemann, Bach, Handel, Purcell as well as lighter barber shop harmonies.
– Liz Ryder Weldon (soprano soloist)
– A Bunch of Daphs – singing group with Liz Ryder Weldon
-Sussex Flutes – all-female flute quartet
– Adam leClercq – counter tenor
– Sue Mileham – soprano
– Jane Richards – mezzo soprano
– Tim Nail – pianist
– Byrde: Jean McCreery & Naomi Graham– recorder duet
– The Carmen Rollers – female barbershop quartet
– The Old Spice Boys – male barbershop quartet
In addition to the the musical performances Bhopal survivor, Farah Edwards Khan introduced the event and actor Rashid Karapiet performed several readings.
Thank you to all of the musicians who donated their talents for the event.
Thanks to Tanay Sharma for the photography and Rashid Karapiet for his readings.
Special thanks to Adam leClercq for his musical direction.