Award winning Bhopal documentary screens in London
The prestigious Frontline Club in London is to show a screening of Van Maximilian Carlson’s award-winning documentary about Bhopal. The screening will be followed with a Q&A with Indra Sinha and Tim Edwards of The Bhopal Medical Appeal.
Carlson’s film, Bhopali, is set against the backdrop of the the 25th anniversary of the 1984 disaster and portrays the struggle to hold American corporation Union Carbide – and their new owners Dow Chemical – accountable for the ongoing tragedy.
So far, the documentary has been nominated for and won numerous awards, including:
* Grand Jury Best Documentary Award, 2011 Slamdance Film Festival
* Documentary Audience Award, 2011 Slamdance Film Festival
* Best Documentary Award, 2011 New York Indian Film Festival
* Best Documentary Award, 2011 Los Angeles International Film Festival
* Best Director, 2011 Los Angeles International Film Festival
* Best Documentary Special Jury Award, 2011 Beverly Hills Film Festival
* Best Documentary Award, 2011 San Francisco United Film Festival
The screening takes place on January 29th 2012 at 4:00 PM – tickets are available via the Frontline Club website
Below is a short promo video produced by Van Maximilian Carlson for the Bhopal Medical Appeal featuring footage from the documentary Bhopali.