Carlson’s film, Bhopali, is set against the backdrop of the the 25th anniversary of the 1984 disaster and portrays the struggle to hold American corporation Union Carbide – and their new owners Dow Chemical – accountable for the ongoing tragedy.
So far, the documentary has been nominated for and won numerous awards, including:
* Grand Jury Best Documentary Award, 2011 Slamdance Film Festival
* Documentary Audience Award, 2011 Slamdance Film Festival
* Best Documentary Award, 2011 New York Indian Film Festival
* Best Documentary Award, 2011 Los Angeles International Film Festival
* Best Director, 2011 Los Angeles International Film Festival
* Best Documentary Special Jury Award, 2011 Beverly Hills Film Festival
* Best Documentary Award, 2011 San Francisco United Film Festival
For more information about the film you can visit the Bhopali website here
The screening takes place on Monday 12th March 2012 at 7:00 PM at G50 in the SOAS main building.
If you are interested in attending please email Shalini at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please support The Bhopal Medical Appeal by staying in touch with us on Facebook or Twitter. You can also join us on YouTube and Flickr and if you want to support the work of our clinics you can visit our Donate page. Thanks!