Seminars & training
Several members of staff have participated at various local and national seminars. The research paper: Effects of Yoga practices for respiratory disorders related to the Union Carbide gas disaster in 1984, was presented at the XVI World congress of Asthma in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1999.
Sambhavna members have also participated in the following training programmes:
- Panchakarma therapy at Durg, Akola, Nagpur and Kotakkal Aryavaidyashala, Kerala
- Community control over tuberculosis at Southern Health Improvement Samiti, Calcutta
- Cervical cytology at the Cama and Albless Hospital, Mumbai.
The Sambhavna Trust has organised the following seminars involving local, national and international medical professionals, scientists, environmentalists and survivors’ organisations.
- 1996: Current Medical issues of the December 1984 Union Carbide disaster
- 1997: Gynaecological and obstetric problems related to the December 1984 Union Carbide disaster
- 1997: Possibilities in Ayurveda in the treatment of diseases caused by the Union Carbide disaster in Bhopal (national conference)
- 1998: Pollution and the threat to life in Asia (international conference)
- 1999: No More Bhopals (international conference in association with the Bhopal Medical Appeal)